Students in PhD, DBA and PostDoctorate programs during the research process will be guided and accompanied by SIMI instructors throughout their researching period. The research guidance process will be proceeding after the Scientific Council has approved the Research Proposal of the Swiss Institute of Management and Innovation.
SIMI’s research instructors support PhD, DBA and PostDoctorate students to complete their research that meets the international standards and may participate in the R2 – Review process to publish international articles in ISI/ISI journals. SCOPUS and Academic Journal of Switzerland.
Note: Instructors only guide about the research methods and orientation. Students will be responsible for ensuring the quality and progress of their research.
E.A.R.S supervisory model
The research supervisors of the Academic Journal of Switzerland will be eligible to supervise the PhD and PostDoc fellows of SIMI. We applied the E.A.R.S model. READ MORE
4M responsibility of PhD & PosDoc candidate
- M1 – manage their work efficiently and commit adequate time and effort to the project.
- M2 – maintain frequent and regular contact with the supervisors
- M3 – meet the high standard of research based on the requirements of the academic board, SIMI research policy, ISI/SCOPUS Journals, the Academic Journal of Switzerland.
- M4 – make the report and present papers at conferences and publish sections of the work where appropriate under the guidance of their supervisors.
AJS Research PolicyFully accredited and adapted to ISO 20252:2019
The Swiss Institute of Management of Innovation (SIMI Swiss) and the Academic Journal of Switzerland (AJS) is committed to maintaining the highest standards of ethics and integrity in their research based on the ISO 20252:2019 – Market, opinion and social research, including insights and data analytics, and places ethics and integrity at the heart of its decision making.
- ISO 20252:2019 – SIMI Swiss and AJS apply and comply with the strict requirements of the ISO 20252:2019 inspection system. Ensure the maintenance of systems, procedures and accreditation certificates in accordance with this standard.
- Ethics and integrity – SIMI Swiss and AJS comply with Ethics requirements in research activities, selection of instructors, selection of PhD students, selection of articles for publication on AJS. Applying the EU Ethics Supplemental Standards, post-Brexit ethics regulations.
- Based on Data Analysis – SIMI Swiss and AJS makes research decisions and conclusions based on data analysis and a rigorous research process guided by ISO 20252:2019.
Requirements 1: Core framework
- Statement of applicability
- Confidentiality of research
- Documentation and records management
Requirements 2: Personnel and infrastructure responsibilities
- Personnel and organisational responsibilities
- Personnel — Performance management
Requirements 3: Information security
- Information security risk framework
- Information handling
- Information security controls
- Information security training and awareness
Requirements 4: Subcontracting services
- Subcontracted project work
Requirements 5: Planning, delivery and reporting on projects and research work
- Client relationship management.
- The project, work requests or other responses to offer services
- Providing deliverables to the client
Requirements 6: Management review and improvement
Requirements 7: Internal audits
- Internal audits policy and requirements
Requirements 8: Legal requirements
- Legal requirements of AJS research
The Academic of Journal of Switzerland (AJS) research systems are adapted to the ISO 20252:2019 Market, opinion and social research, including insights and data analytics, recognised by the HEAD (Higher Education Accreditation Department) and accredited by ASIC (Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities) with premier institution status.
Field of study
As a member of the Swiss Institute of Management and Innovation (SIMI Swiss), the Academic Journal of Switzerland (AJS) research fields are the areas in which SIMI Swiss trains at PhD and PosDoctorate levels.
- School of Management – Business and management research
- School of Aviation Management & Logistics – Logistics and Aviation Research
- School of Finance & Banking – Accounting and Finance research
- School of Education Sciences – Education and training research
- School of Information Technology – IT and technology research
- School of Hospitality Management – Hospitality and tourism research